View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
that's my point. You said Cowen is more vocal, well that doesn't necessarily mean he will/should be the captain.

I don't believe there is a single Sens prospect who is better offensively than Karlsson. If Karlsson leads the team in scoring most years as a defenseman and continues to get Norris nominations, the Sens will not be recognized for their core.
IMO (and remember this is just my opinion) the better captains in the league and throughout the history of the league were vocal leaders. Personally I think this organization has always needed a vocal rah rah type of leader and would have a better chance of winning a cup with a bunch of rah rah kind of guys. I also feel that a guy like Paul MacLean would likely share my view (at least to some extent) and would likely appoint a leadership core that is a reflection of what he thinks a good leader is.

I feel that it isn't a good decision to make a player captain simply based off his on ice play. IMO Ovechkin is a bad captain and never should have been named captain. He has a surplus of skill, he simply just doesn't embody the leadership qualities. I feel that Karlsson shares some similarities with Ovechkin in that he has a ton of skill but doesn't necessarily embody the characteristics of a leader. Again, this is simply an opinion, I have yet to see or hear anything that would allow me to infer that Karlsson would be a good captain.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote