View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Well, I'm not sure who proclaimed him the best shutdown D in junior hockey.
Sam Cosentino, the junior hockey TV analyst in Canada.

Quote:
"Then I go to the triumvirate of [Jared] Tinordi (MTL), Harrington and [Olli] Maatta of the London Knights," continued Cosentino, "Those three guys log a ton of minutes and they are all high end guys who bring a different element to the table. Tinordi is kind of the shot blocker, big body guy. Harrington is, to me, the best shutdown defender in the CHL and then Olli Maatta who has really picked up his offensive game in the playoffs."
http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.ca/2...orial-cup.html

He's also mentioned this in broadcasts.

Then there's the OHL WC coach's poll (obviously not the entire CHL, but telling) that named Harrington the Smartest Player and Best Defensive Defenseman.

Quote:
But even if he is the best shutdown D in junior hockey, that doesn't mean he's going to be the best shutdown D in the NHL. I like the kid, but we're still talking about a prospect that really doesn't excel in any particular aspect even amongst his own age group (except shutting down guys not named McDavid, apparently.)
Of course not. But praise from informed sources, success at the club and international level, and personal viewings are about all you have to go on when evaluating a prospect, and Harrington fares well in all three.

Harrington shut down McDavid just fine in their last match, too.

Quote:
All signs seem to point to Harrington being a legit prospect with NHL upside, but I like my top 4 defenseman to stand out at some aspect.
I'm not sure what aspects you expect a potential shutdown defenseman to stand out in. Harrington's smarts are what set him apart.