View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyRoss View Post
disgusting
My problem with that opinion is that it assumes certain elements as fact, which are not.

Messier did not run a list of guys out of town to get his "buddies" on the team. Neil Smith didn't know when to quit.

Even if we played Devil's advocate and assumed it was true, I hardly think Samuelsson, Robitaille and Nedved count as his "buddies." In fact, Nedved often gets used in other Messier theory about running guys out of town which stands in direct contradiction to this one.

Contrary to popular belief, Messier did indeed play a reduced role in his second stint. Unfortunately, the teams that were supposed to be lead up the middle with Lindros and Nedved never developed.

And finally, when using Theo Fleury as a source, you have to take a lot of it with a grain of salt. That's all I'm going to say about that one.

Was Messier perfect? Hardly. Like every star player, he had his share of pros and cons. But the stories that a small minority of fans try to pin on him alternate between hysterical and flat out ludacris.