View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 02:08 AM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I doubt Burke would deal Finn in a deal right now, the scouts are in love with the kid and he's a local boy. He's also a pretty good prospect with nice upside. I honestly think he's one of the last prospects you'd see Burke deal.

Legitimate franchise goalie? do you honestly still believe that? if that were true, a)why deal him? b)why would the consensus be guys like Kadri being a centerpiece? I like Luongo and I'd be happy to have him here but he put up a .919SV% last season. The league average was .914. Does that scream legit franchise goalie? It's more like good, above-average goalie with experience(who's contract is bad no matter how it's twisted).
Franchise goalie, yes. 33 years old, and is 2nd in active goalie wins. He was very good last year as a #1, en route to another Pres trophy, carrying the team through a late-season scoring drought (when other teams were playing desperate, and we had Lappiere covering for D. Sedin). We lost to the eventual cup winners, and Schneider had earned some playoff starts, especially considering the team -not Luongo- played poorly the first few games.

Schneider has been lights out since he was drafted, and Lack is as good a goalie prospect as there is. Makes sense to get younger in net (since we believe in Schneider and Lack) while getting more youth for Luongo to keep our cupboards stocked.