Old
10-22-2012, 03:53 AM
Superpest
Undrafted Free Agent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
This.

I really don't feel inclined to give up any of Gardiner, Kadri, Kulemin, Grabovski or our 1st for Luongo. And I'm a guy who believes Luongo will help our team immensely! It just doesn't make sense from a Leafs standpoint. Luongo really only has a few possible suitors leaguewide. You can trade him inter-conference to bitter rivals the Chicago Blackhawks or you can fulfill his wishes and send him back to Florida. Problem is, Florida doesn't need and/or want Luongo. Do you really think Gillis is going to be able to get full value for a goalie that:
1.) His team has literally expressed to the hockey world that he no longer needs showing confidence with the Schneider/Lack tandem going forward
2.) Has an intensely long and stupid contract that is only suitable on a chosen few NHL teams?

I think a Clarke MacArthur + Jesse Blacker for Luongo trade is fair. MacArthur will add depth and a little bit of grit to your top 9, is good for ~20G-40pts+ per season, is entering his prime at age 27 and is signed to a reasonable one year contract at 3.25M. Blacker is the Leafs 2nd round pick from 2009, put up great numbers in the OHL for Owen Sound and has been performing well for the Marlies as he translates his style to the professional game. HockeysFuture ranks him as our 2nd best defense prospect behind only Morgan Rielly, and he projects as a top 4 defenseman in the foreseeable future.

So the Canucks get a serviceable top 9 forward in his prime in MacArthur in addition to a great defense prospect with top 4 upside. Most importantly, you are able to finally turn the page on the Luongo era, look forward with Schneider at the helm and get that terrible lengthy contract of your hands!
We won't take crap for Luongo.