Who's side are you on if you were forced to pick sides? The owners? ... or the NHLPA?
View Single Post
10-22-2012, 08:16 AM
nexus of the crisis
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Originally Posted by
I'll rephrase what I wrote with a series of questions (to be followed by an answer in a few posts), in order to simplify the mathematical argument I put down before.
1) Do you agree that 4.5 milion per for six years is approximately fair value for Pacioretty going forward? (Yes/No)
2) Do you agree that given their roles, Hall and Pacioretty are natural comparables in terms of production/salary? (Yes/No)
Hmm. Not really. I think Pacioretty is a good player and top line winger on a team level, but the Oilers will be hoping expecting that Hall is more of league-level star.
3) If an AHL offensive player (e.g. Corey Locke, Aaron Palushaj, etc) were given that privileged offensive role for $500,000, how many points do you think he would produce over 82 games? Let's ignore goals-to-assists ratio for the sake of simplification.
Not so sure about Palushaj, say, but others like Locke, Aucoin, Conacher, whatnot, would probably be point-per-game NHLers in the league where they were given such privileged offensive roles.
4) What's your projection for what you think Pacioretty will average per 82 games over that time frame?
5) What's your projection for what you think Hall will average per 82 games over that time frame?
View Public Profile
Blind Gardien's albums
Find More Posts by Blind Gardien