Old
10-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'll rephrase what I wrote with a series of questions (to be followed by an answer in a few posts), in order to simplify the mathematical argument I put down before.

1) Do you agree that 4.5 milion per for six years is approximately fair value for Pacioretty going forward? (Yes/No)
YES.
Quote:
2) Do you agree that given their roles, Hall and Pacioretty are natural comparables in terms of production/salary? (Yes/No)
Hmm. Not really. I think Pacioretty is a good player and top line winger on a team level, but the Oilers will be hoping expecting that Hall is more of league-level star.
Quote:
3) If an AHL offensive player (e.g. Corey Locke, Aaron Palushaj, etc) were given that privileged offensive role for $500,000, how many points do you think he would produce over 82 games? Let's ignore goals-to-assists ratio for the sake of simplification.
Not so sure about Palushaj, say, but others like Locke, Aucoin, Conacher, whatnot, would probably be point-per-game NHLers in the league where they were given such privileged offensive roles.
Quote:
4) What's your projection for what you think Pacioretty will average per 82 games over that time frame?
Quote:
5) What's your projection for what you think Hall will average per 82 games over that time frame?