Who's side are you on if you were forced to pick sides? The owners? ... or the NHLPA?
View Single Post
10-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Originally Posted by
I'll rephrase what I wrote with a series of questions (to be followed by an answer in a few posts), in order to simplify the mathematical argument I put down before.
1) Do you agree that 4.5 milion per for six years is approximately fair value for Pacioretty going forward? (Yes/No)
2) Do you agree that given their roles, Hall and Pacioretty are natural comparables in terms of production/salary? (Yes/No)
3) If an AHL offensive player (e.g. Corey Locke, Aaron Palushaj, etc) were given that privileged offensive role for $500,000, how many points do you think he would produce over 82 games? Let's ignore goals-to-assists ratio for the sake of simplification.
4) What's your projection for what you think Pacioretty will average per 82 games over that time frame?
5) What's your projection for what you think Hall will average per 82 games over that time frame?
Answering yes to the first two questions, and giving a number to questions 3,4,5 is enough to derive a salary for Hall, ignoring injuries.
#6) will Hall ever play 80 games in a season?
#7) do you think that, whatever you project him to be, he'll become than within two or three years?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ECWHSWI