Thread: Proposal: Canadiens - Devils
View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
A defenceman who cannot defend capably doesn't really have a place on the Devils. Kaberle might still be decent offensively, but if he's a defensive liability and creating as many goals for the other side, it's not really helpful. Zidlicky brings good offensive skills while not being bad defensively, and his contract is better.
Read BG's description above, he describes it well. Kaberle's not a defensive liability, at least not in the way I understand a "liability", such as a MAB for instance.

He doesn't turn over the puck especially more than any one else and he can make good, crisp breakout passes, even in pressure situations. He's just soft and doesn't engage physically in the corners, which is annoying but doesn't mean he has no awareness of his defensive duties.

Sure, Zidlicky has been decent since traded to NJ. But I really thought he had been on a steady decline for a good couple of years in Minnesota. In my opinion, he doesn't bring much more to the table than Kaberle. Maybe he's slightly better defensively, but it's marginal and I still think Kaberle's better offensively and a better playmaker.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote