View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 11:17 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
The same argument can be made for why is everyone wanting keith? Letang, AP and Doughty all do the same thing keith does lol. So why have another offensive d-man out there.
Arguments for Keith: Great skater; better than Phaneuf defensively; when in form one of the best defencemen in the world; actually played in the 2010 Olympics, and was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Can Tavares play wing? If either he or Stamkos can play wing then I believe he's a lock to make this team.

Getzlaf is my favorite player in the NHL and yet I don't think his game will suit the big ice surface. I also don't like the idea of taking guys like Eric Staal to play wing - for the most part I want to stick with guys with significant experience playing wing.
Both Tavares and Stamkos have played some wing internationally. Tavares played some wing at the WJs and Stamkos played on Spezza's wing at the WCs. They both seem like players who wouldn't lose much in the transition to wing.

Eric Staal is definitely an interesting case, and hopefully this NHL season starts soon so we can see if he functions well on the wing. There were rumours that he was going to spend some time on his brother's wing this season. He didn't really impress at LW in the Olympics last time.