Thread: Proposal: Canadiens - Devils
View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
This season with Minnesota was really the only "bad" year he's had since he left Nashville. 42 points in 76 games, 43 points in 78 games, and 24 points in 46 games were his first three seasons in Minnesota. His issues with Mike Yeo are well documented and certainly contributed to his lackluster year.

His acquisition, along with Andy Greene coming back from injury, literally transformed our defense overnight.

Not to mention he's a well liked guy in our locker room. Anyone that Patrik Elias personally vouches for is going to instantly be respected by everyone in the organization. With his age he's certainly not a long term solution, but neither is Kaberle. We have young guys like Merill and Larsson that management is very high on and are progressing very nicely.
All I'm saying is that he hasn't been the same defenseman since leaving Nashville, and it's nothing overly surprising considering his age. Kaberle also has decent stats showing for himself in the past few years, we can still agree he's been on the decline as well. The more I think of it, the more both look alike. I know you guys have been satisfied with his play so far in NJ, but I can tell you as a fan from another team I wouldn't be interested in acquiring giving away about any positive asset (which is what most people say about Kaberle anyway).

As a side note, both Plekanec and Kaberle are from the same hometown and currently play for it in the Czech league. I don't think anybody personally dislikes Kaberle in the organization.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote