View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post

It's always funny because there are plenty of really nice guys on the ice and I'm one of them, but I'm one of the very few that has no problem giving it back to people. There are some people who think I'm a dirty player just because I always slash them back and harder. I'd really love to know what goes on in some people's heads that they can skate around acting like a jackass but can't be touched.
You sound like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
I can count on one hand the amount of times my save total has been correct in my 15 years of playing hockey. I've had games where I have stopped 60+ shots only to see the box score showing 22 shots against.
Yep… half the time they don’t track shots at all, the other half of the time, they track about half of them. I have only played about a dozen games as goalie, but I think my career sv% is .600 on the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
I wonder the average beer league level of posters on this forum.

Although, I'd be utterly shocked if my assumption was wrong.
So…. You don’t wonder, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
In a weekly pick-up game I am always lined up as a winger against a defender who uses his stick like an axe. I am a stronger player than him and, as a result, I win the majority of our one-on-one encounters both along the boards and in open ice. What bothers me is that every time I win one of these battles he indiscriminately hacks at the puck as I pull away in a last ditch effort to disrupt my progress. Maybe 10% he hits my stick or the puck and he is effective, whereas the large majority of these hard slashes fall on my leg, hip, arm. This week was particularly bad as I had 6 large bruises and/or bleeding cuts after our last game (despite wearing equipment).

After biting my lip for a few weeks and saying nothing, I showed my opponent the result of his stick work this past week and asked politely that he be more considerate with his stick. In particular, I pointed out that I have no problem battling with him, and that my concern lies in his wild slashes as I am pulling away because he has little control over his stick in that situation. He responded that he was taught to battle until the last moment and he can't change the way he plays because then he will be ineffective during the game. He said that he doesn't expect me to take it easy on him when we are battling. I was at a loss of how to respond.

Any one had a similar experience(s) and can offer advice on how to approach this situation in the future? Hacking him back is not the solution as I know he will just escalate his behavior.
Sounds like you’ve tried to be diplomatic about it and it didn’t work. This probably has to get worse before it gets better. Luckily you are the bigger, stronger player. I think you need to create some space for yourself, as the saying goes.