View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 01:27 PM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Can Tavares play wing? If either he or Stamkos can play wing then I believe he's a lock to make this team.

Getzlaf is my favorite player in the NHL and yet I don't think his game will suit the big ice surface. I also don't like the idea of taking guys like Eric Staal to play wing - for the most part I want to stick with guys with significant experience playing wing.

Another question - can Neal play the left side? I'm assuming he can below.

Here's my stab at a lineup:

Neal - Crosby - Perry
Tavares - Stamkos - Eberle
Benn - Giroux - Carter
Richards - Toews - Nash

Keith - Doughty
Letang - Weber
Staal - Pietrangelo

I wanted to keep a balance of 4 productive lines and tried to pick players whose styles would complement one another. As for the 3 D pairings, I figure our true strength is on the right side this time around so I tried to match the LD who complemented each player best.
Now there's an interesting selection; I think you're one of, if not the first on here to have Carter in your lineup. He certainly has the attention of Hockey Canada - back in 2010 Getzlaf had injured his ankle in the week leading up to the Olympics and Carter was the guy they tapped to have his bags packed and ready. Big guy, great speed, heavy shot, good defensively - he looks good on paper, but there's always been something missing with respect to his actual performance and productivity. Kind of like Nash in that regard, I guess. Struggled with injuries through the Flyers playoff push in 2010, IIRC, and wasn't a driving force (like Kopitar/Brown/Richards) up-front in the Kings Cup drive this past spring. He probably hasn't done a whole lot of late to endear himself further to Hockey Canada or advance his cause in any way, and he may have already been passed on the depth chart by a few younger guys, but I for one would love to see him come out and make a big push for a roster spot. I don't have him on my team right now, but we all know that things can, and will, change.

We'll probably carry 13 forwards and 7 defencemen; who are your extras?