View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Everlong
-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Why didn't the writer quote him saying that he hated it here? he quotes him saying how different it is, but not that he hates it. I'd assume that with his brother signing with the KHL, if he truly hated NA that he would be happy to have followed Andrei back over instead of re-signing.

As for saying it's better for the season to be canceled, financially no it doesn't make sense, but just from a personal standpoint yes it's a lot better for the guys to play all season in one place. I was reading a poll of professional athletes in the big 4 sports and one of the questions was about being traded during the season. The overwhelming majority of players voted that the most difficult part of the trade was the relocation. They said it's easy to adjust to new teammates and fans, and they felt like they fit in with the new team within a game or two. But it was adjusting to the move, and making a new home that was the difficult part, they say getting to the rink/field was a good escape from the giant headache of relocating their family and adjusting to a new city. So I definitely feel like that's what Sergei was saying there.
All good points Leg. I don't think people realize how hard it is to up and move your life for a 6-12 months period. I realize it's a case of broken english most of the time with these guys, but the Columbus comment still rubbed me the wrong way. Even if I'm not a big fan of Columbus at all.

Last edited by Everlong: 10-22-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote