View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 12:47 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
I know this is going to spark the BM hate but can you imagine if we had just signed Beauchemin in the first place and Schultz wasnt a ****** bag:

Fowler
Beauchemin
Schultz
Gardner
Vatanen
Lindholm

Of course we may not have gotten Fowler and probably wouldnt have drafted Lindholm but hey.

I still think we should keep Lydman until the deadline. His value will be the same if not higher then it is now.
Sbisa? Anyway...that's way too soft a blueline. Absolutely too soft. I'd have made some trades by this point if this is what I had to work with.

EDIT: What do you mean we wouldn't have gotten Fowler? I distinctly remember being nervous at the thought of having four OFD's in Fowler, Gardiner, Schultz, and Vatanen. Gardiner was traded after we drafted Cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
I was actually hoping that Vatanen was going to benefit by learning NHL defense by practicing and playing with Lydman. Unfortunately we're caught in a numbers game now on our blueline, so unless someone gets hurt there's not a roster slot at the moment for Sami.
That's just simply not true. Training camps always insist that every job is in danger. If Vatanen outplays Lydman by a far enough margin, they'll absolutely make room for him.

Last edited by DuckJet: 10-22-2012 at 12:53 PM.