View Single Post
10-22-2012, 02:46 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ganave View Post
Helmet - (new) Reebok 7K
Catcher - Koho 700 pro
Blocker - Bauer XR4
Kneepads - (new) Paw 1000 Knee Pads

Step 5) If you're still game, then start piecing together your gear. The things I would buy new is a helmet that is at least $200 (Reebok 7k, Bauer NME 5), goalie jock, and sticks. I'd also go with new skates if you can.
Good call on the Paw Knee pads, they are amazing. Sara is truly a god send to the goalie community. I'd upgrade on the XR4 blocker though, that thing won't last long.

The RBK 7K is a good mask but the buckles in the back will start to pop right off during games when you receive impact on the head, just a heads up for ya.

Also, in regards to the mask, I don't mean to be rude but, Dear OP

With goalie masks, the number 1 factor is fit, so find the helmet that fits you best, if nothing fits you at the store (like me, with a giant head) you might have to go the custom route. The number 2 factor is the material of the mask. Do NOT buy anything that is only made out of plastic. You want a mask with at least some sort of Fiberglass or Kevlar/Aramid in it. The lowest end Bauer mask you should be wearing is an NME7. If you buy a NME 5 you'd be looking at concussions for sure unless you are playing with 11 year olds.

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote