View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 02:44 PM
OpenIceHit42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryer98 View Post
When I used to ref adult league games, there were always guys coming to me right after a goal to say they got an assist. Even at rinks that didn't put anything but the score on the score sheet.

The rink I play at keeps stats, but I wish they wouldn't. It takes time that I'm sure they figure into our league fees. I'd rather pay less per team than have stats that no one records correct and wouldn't matter even if they did.

They keep stats in this league (HNA) and usually do a pretty good job of it. If you work/supervise a game it's $20 credited toward your account next season. So it's easy money especially if your paying almost $1,000 like I am for two teams.

That being said, I have no problem with the stats if guys (remember were talking adults here) don't go overboard with it; but when you have a guy coming to the score box to make sure he got a "2nd assist" in an 8-0 game is a beyond douchery. Not to mention this guy on both of his teams records his lines' shots on goal and +/- when NO ONE else in the league does.