View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Im not low on petro but i do think one of our prospects would have to go back to vancouver if we end up trading with them. We already have tons of depth on the blue line and drafting matheson this summer only adds to that fact. I haven't seen enough of petrovic to really judge his quality compared to our other prospects.
I agree that one of our prospects would have to go back but I dont think it should be one of our top 5 (which Petrovic is). As I demonstrated, our depth on the blue line isnt as deep when you factor that we have 4 vets that are over 33 and 2 of those guys are 35+. So we need that depth to replace those guys within the next few seasons. Petrovic and Robak are probably about 1 yr away from being able to crack an NHL lineup too.

Matheson isnt even as sure of a prospect as Petrovic and I would give up Matheson easily before Petrovic (and I'm probably one of the few people on here that liked the Matheson pick right away). I'd also move Robak before Petrovic but I think we could really benefit from keeping both of them (and they have looked good from what I saw being paired together). Still I see no reason to move a d-man when as I've shown we're not as deep as everyone believes on the blue line. The deepest position in our organization is actually LW so I would look to be willing to trade one of those prospects over defense. Anyone after Howden should be made available.