View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 07:52 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I guess it is just that I see Nurse play more. I have not seen a full game for Ristolainen and there aren't many highlights. All I know is they are similar players and that Nurse has more size and has offensive upside and plays physical.

I saw Craig Button's monthly draft rankings and Ristolainen was at #19 while Nurse was #23.

As for the goalies, they have all the time they want to develop since Montreal already has Price. It would be good to have some depthe behind him.
That's fair point. I tend to be fairly biased to the OHL too, because it's what I see most of. I've only seen Ristolainen play a few times (WJC, U-18), so I don't feel that I can justify my opinion. From the little I've seen he's a very good skater, moves the with ease, and plays very physical. His defensive game isn't the best, but he's clearly got of ton of potential. About Nurse being bigger than Ristolainen, I'm not sure about that. The OHL lists Nurse at 6'5" 192 lbs, but they tend to be very generous. Ristolainen is listed on the offical SM-Liiga website as 6'3" 207 lbs, so I'd say they are very close.

Bob McKenzie ranked Ristolainen at 5 and Nurse in the honourable mentions: Source
ISS ranked Ristolainen at 7 and Nurse at 16: Source
Future Considerations ranked Ristolainen at 6 and Nurse at 16: Source

There's many more publications than you can around these boards that have Ristolainen quite a bit higher than Nurse too. I'd say Craig Button opinion on their rankings is something very few hold.