View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
I think it's crazy that a team like the Pens who haven't developed a draft pick other than Dustin Jeffrey since 2006 that's played more than 40 NHL games and yet people still blindly trust all their picks.

People need to start to grasp that we aren't a good drafting team (besides hoarding defensive prospects) and accept the fact that we'll need to rely on trades and free agency to fill needs.
I agree with a lot of what you've said about the Pens' drafting, but there are some extenuating circumstances that have been rehashed regularly here. Namely multiple high picks getting traded early in Shero's tenure, a focus on drafting defensemen/college players that typically take longer development paths, and some bad luck with injuries.

A number of Shero draftees were likely to become NHL regulars this year.

Quote:
We'd be dumb to not deal at least one of them now and try and get some stuff we actually need, like a top 6 forward prospect that doesn't have some major deficiencies would be nice...
Given how well we've been scoring and how putrid our big-league defense has been, I'd rather wait awhile and see which of our group pans out the best. Unless the winger coming back is a fantastic, established commodity.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote