View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Colts Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilcoxHound View Post
You are talking about a country's top junior player all star team against university teams. Players who will almost certainly make millions in the NHL against guys playing for tuition and books. Give your head a shake. With logic like that no wonder you people are considering electing a guy named "Mitt" to be your president.
I attended the game in Ithaca New York this weekend . The score is misleading and not indicative of the play on the ice. Cornell out shot Brock 34-22 , had a goal called back and rang a bunch off the goalposts. Could easily have won the game 6 or 7 to 2. Why Wilcox do you have to get personal with our American blogger , this thread was started by Thook back on 9/29/12 with the express purpose of solicitation of opinions as to the relative merits of Major Junior vs CIS hockey. Other bloggers have tried to bolster there argument for CIS by pointing out that CIS teams have in the past beaten the Canadian National Juniors. I think it is only fair that it be pointed out that combined CIS teams and CIS all star teams have been beaten by Team Canada Juniors. I agree with VOB 's observations about the talent levels favoring Major Junior and NCAA teams. Most CIS teams would be out talented by the Juniors. The Juniors teams like Barrie Colts and other upper echelon teams would in my opinion come out the winners in most but not all games between Major Junior and CIS teams. Unless of course it was refereed like a Quebec Senior League game. I do not contend that 19 and 20 year olds can fight with 24 and 25 year olds. By the way I think Brock acquitted themselves well on Saturday night , they just don't have the talent to compete night in and night out with NCAA teams . One last point of interest to some on this site. The program listed Brock's roster as having 9 Major juniors alumni , 10 Junior A (mostly OPJHL) , and 5 Junior B players (mostly GOJHL). Less than 50 % Major Junior Alums.

Colts Fan is offline   Reply With Quote