View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 08:14 PM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
If they do that they`re going to have start asking for a lot more defense out of Desharnais. You can only really shelter one line out of the top 3 and if Eller is carrying the rookie scorers then 67-51-72 have to doing more to hold down the fort rather than always be on the attack.

Likewise its a pretty crummy idea to have Bourque playing on the heavy shutdown minutes you`d need to play Plekanec to make that line system work. The guy can`t match up against good opposition anymore.

This is why I think circumstances will end up forcing Pacioretty and Desharnais apart unless they bring in help from outside the organization, they won`t be able to afford using the team`s one good all round LW in the offensively oriented role Desharnais is going to play. Pacioretty scores at pretty much at the same rate with or without Desharnais so I don`t think chemistry is going to keep them together either.
Im sure they will be together in the future. But in Gallys rookie year, I dont think they will risk Pacioertty's prodution on Gally. He will likely get a similar treatment like Seguin got in Boston. Centre or winger on the 2nd or 3rd line.