Old
10-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCritical View Post
eeeeek. How?
We were doing a backwards skating edge/recovery drill, where you get up some speed backwards, then crouch down as low as you can go while maintaining momentum. That part was fine, but then our coach wanted us to put one knee down (still sliding backwards) and pick it back up into the crouch. I tried to put my right leg down but didn't get my toe high enough when I sent it back, so my toe caught on the ice and the momentum yanked it out to the side. I ended up on my butt with both legs in front of me. I think the combination of my leg getting yanked out while I was trying to hold that leg in is what did it.

It's sore today but not painful (unless I'm swinging the leg up to get into the car or something), though the soreness sometimes radiates into my glute and down the inside of my leg. I've been icing it on and off, and tomorrow I'll start some heat/very gentle stretching instead of going to my Tuesday skills class. Hopefully it will be pain free by the end of the week so I can try playing in my league game on Sunday.

Groins are stupid.