View Single Post
Old
10-22-2012, 11:12 PM
petejudge

vCash: 500
as someone who agrees that avery was not nearly as effective as he used to be this year, i would still rather have him in at forward on the playoff roster than steve eminger. avery played his best hockey against brodeur and the devils and would have done a much better job on the 4th line. i'm not saying the team would have won the series with avery, but if we all agree that depth was the biggest problem for that team then we can agree that avery probably would have helped.

i never liked anisimov and i'm glad he's gone. the guy was talented and bought into the system, but his hockey iq is so unbelievably low that i can't even believe he's still in the league.

despite all the negative comments about him on this board, adam graves was the most important player for the rangers during the 93-94 regular season. he was a one man momentum shifter and knew exactly how to rally the troops. graves is everything i'm hoping ryan callahan can be. that's why he got the C when messier was hurt.

if this team doesn't win a cup in the next 2-3 years we're in big trouble. there's a serious lack of depth in the minors and i think it's only a matter of time before torts starts to lose these guys.