View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 12:01 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
I just finished watching the second game against the Marlies.

I must say, overall, i was impressed by the way the boys played over the game.

By that, i mean that i was already expecting sloppiness in the passes and in the system, but they gave me hope for the future since, between two dumb plays, there was always something good that was being done.

We need to understand that this young team will develop itself with time and work : not only the player taken individually, but the team as a whole. And so, i base my satisfaction of their work on projections ; of what they could be with time, and not what they've done on their third game of the season.

This said, i must say the player that impressed me the most was Beaulieu. For a player that profoundly disappointed me in the lhjmq playoffs and in team canada, i thought he was by far the player with the most evident potential in him. Some of his passes were just too much "nhl" for some of his teammates. I find he was always in the action, never stupidly lost the puck and wasn't that bad in defensive situation. Most of the time, he used his quick thinking to defuse an otherwise dangerous situation. He wasn't perfect, nor did he made me think he was ready for the nhl. But i really think he was, of all the bulldog players, the one player that has star-potential in the nhl.

If he will develop his talent is an entirely different debate, but he definitely has it in him.
Great post man! I agree with everything you said.