View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 06:36 AM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityassault View Post
Well right now he looks slow and would get killed against NHL defensemen. Kuznetsov would have been a much better pick by far, stop making excuses for Mr. I Developed One Player, Ray Shero
Who is making excuses for anyone? And when talking about developing talent, it's really hard to do that when you're only 5 years removed from your first real draft, aside from the Jordan Staal pick, which he said was the only pick he really had anything to do with in 2006, 2007 was the first draft Ray really had his hands in.

I think people are saying that the kid has played 4 AHL games...it's going to take some time. And if a player isn't likely to come to North America, you're at least having something for that pick v. nothing. You seem to hype yourself up as some WBS expert, and if you want that sort of credibility, you have to realize how player development works since you're watching...a developmental team. Essentially calling the kid a bust after he JUST started his pro career is beyond premature.

I find people hating on Beau Bennett hilarious because before that, there was a huge calling for the Pens to take a boom or bust pick...Ray did, and people have just questioned it. He got a whole 4 games before being called a bust.