View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Fogelhund

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Absolute most pressing need is an upgrade to our top 6 forwards. Either a center better than Kesler who pushes Kesler to the wing (highly unlikely), or a right winger with grit who can score 20-25 goals and tally 40-50 assists consistently. We have an overload of left handed shots, so someone who's a right handed shot is needed (I think we have 4 or 5 left handed shots in our top 6 right now).

Secondary needs:

1) puck moving defenseman. I still don't see our Ehrhoff replacement. Garrison is good but he brings a different skill set. We need someone who can lead a rush and skate fluidly.

2) Offensive/two way third line center. Someone who can lead a third scoring line, while not being incompetent in the defensive zone. Someone who could act as a stop gap if Schroeder isn't ready, although it wouldn't be the end of the world to have him work with Lapierre on that line.

3) high end forward prospects. The Sedins contracts are up in 2 years and we need someone who can transition into a 1st or 2nd line role going forward.
1) Liles is what you would get from the Leafs to meet that need. Long-term, Liles is expendable to the Leafs (Gardiner and Rielly are long-term solutions), so I can see that being part of the deal, if that is what was asked for. Franson has a good shot, but isn't a PMD.

2) You could have Connolly or Lombardi.. both are stop gaps. Unfortunately, the Leafs can't afford to give anyone else up at this point.

3) Leafs don't really have high end forward prospects outside of Kadri. As part of the deal.. I'm fine with that.