View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
So he didn't run the numbers? Don Fehr offered a proposal without knowing what it is? Come on now.

I guess when Bettman does it, it's a lie. When Fehr does it, it's a negotiation tactic.
As I clearly pointed out, just during the lockout, Bettman has already outright lied three times. It isn't a guess or an accusation. There is concrete evidence he lied. It is as clear cut as it gets. He has been speaking out of both sides of his mouth for years. Are you and others really that naive about his past? This goes well beyond "lying for the sake of negotiations".

From the BS he gave the public over the Spano incident (one of the biggest blunders a commissioner in any league ever committed... the man was outright made a fool of) to not being a man of his word and allowing convicted ******* Del Biaggio (falsifying documents to get the loan) to buy into the Preds (vastly improved background checks my ass). The man simply lies through his teeth and refuses to accept accountability when he makes mistakes (sup Phoenix, ESPN negotiations and all of the above).

So as I originally said, anything coming out of his mouth at the podium, in the media, etc isn't something I put much stock in.

Does Fehr lie to gain an advantage in negotiations? Most likely, but we still have no concrete evidence he has lied to us yet. If you have any, feel free to throw it out there.