Thread: Value of: 2013 1st Overall Pick
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Punkeater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
What about Columbus? If there is a season, I'd be shocked if they finished above 30th.
Yeah of course Columbus have a chance to finish last too or to win the lottery but seriously when I look at their line up. They have a really nice defense. Jack Johnson, Fedor Tyutin, Wiznewski is a solid top 3. Add to that Ryan Murray, David Savard, John Moore, Tim Erixon that and a couple of vets that will fight for the 4, 5 and 6th spot. They will have a nice group of D.

Forwards: I like their grinding style forwards. Umberger, Dubinsky is a nice addition too and let's not forget Nick Foligno. This is going to be an unspectacular team sure, but a team of hard worker and these teams always gets more wins than we think. They won't make the playoff, of course but they could finish a little bit higher than NY Islanders or Winnipeg.

My explanation:

First NYIslanders. This organisation doesn't go anywhere. They've been collecting high picks since who knows how many years and they still suck. They have really nice young talent but they always failed to make it work. I think this is going to be the same thing this year. I heard that Pat Lafontaine might be interested to buy the team. Honestly, that could be the best thing to ever happen to them.

Winnipeg: I'm not sold. I love the organisation. Really proud that they could get their team back and they have a soft spot in my heart but no Bogosian until january-february? Byfuglien looking like he's 300 lbs? It will hurt them. That's why I think they'll have some trouble this season. Anyway, with Scheifele on his way and maybe a top 3 pick next season (that would be the best thing to happen to them seriously) and I'm sure most of their fans would agree. They would build a solid core for the future.

Punkeater is offline   Reply With Quote