View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 12:36 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Im always hesitant to get excited about dominant players who will be among the oldest of their draft class. These players are the ones that have a full year of development more then some of the other players being drafted. Not to downplay his accomplishments because hes been phenominal thus far, but this guy will probably have a better pre-draft year than Morgan Rielly, for a lack of a better example (or atleast of any i can think of), and thus be rated as such yet both are currently in their 3rd season and producing at identical rates (because Rielly was among the youngest of his draft and is only 7 months older). I fully expect Pulock to make the top 10, but there are some players that should be ahead. Points and dominance should be less of a factor when considering he has more CHL experience than most of the draft.
I think you have to keep in mind that Pulock's year last year was probably bordering on dominant too.

In the case of guys like Pulock or Murray, you're not getting a late bloomer, you're getting a more developed player who has shown a consistent level of play over two years(or more).

I think it's a lot easier to get excited about guys like that than someone like Cody Ceci who, with a late birthday, progressed mostly in his draft year compared to his 16/17 year old year.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote