Thread: OT: NHL vs. NHLPA
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 12:38 PM
  #145
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Well their "mystery offer #3" was predicated on a 50/50 split, but guaranteeing money over and above that to players currently under contract (technically a 54.5% split if no growth occurs in 2012/13) but if growth occurs at 7% the NHLPA predicts, it's more like 52% in year one, then 50% for the remainder of the deal.
The mystery offer was to pay the players a percentage of their contracts that would be lost going from 57 to 50 percent. I believe Fehr used 15% so the owners had to pay 15% of all contracts that currently exist and then the other 85% would be the players cap hit + new contracts. This isn't remotely realistic as many teams lost money last year and are looking bring the cap down to remain viable. It was a PR offer as they could say hey look we are offering 50-50 without actually offering anything. I don't understand why the player don't want 50-50 straight up with out roll back as all contracts would remain the same and they would still be paid what they signed for. But some how this is unfair to them?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote