Old
10-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
I'd say stylewise Vatanen is closer to Karlsson than Fowler though you don't see Sami doing some crazy wow magic moves/shots in the offense like Karlsson but still Sami makes smart decisions there + plus the slapper has unbeliavable dynamite in it when you consider the frame Sami has.

Fowler is smoother skater than Sami but if we are just checking pure speed and who is faster... I would put "all in" to Vatanen's side. He is a freaking "Speedy Gonzales". I guess he haven't still showed all his gears in AHL.
He's shown plenty of speed, but we are talking about the NHL here, and Fowler is a truly exceptional skater. He's one of the fastest skaters in the NHL. In fact, he has a faster time than Grabner who won fastest skater. I do think they are very close, and it could even turn out Vatanen has a small step on him, but the difference would be pretty negligible.

In terms of overall skating ability though, it seems clear Fowler is better. The kid could do a literal dance around players on his skates.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote