View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 01:00 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

vCash: 500
I didn't mind the Bennett pick, I was actually surprised he was still available when te Pena were on the clock to be honest. That's one pick you won't hear me gripe about.

It'd be way cooler if he was developing faster though but that's not untypical for guys drafted out of the BCHL, they tend to need more time. Look at Kyle Turris for example.

We got into it a bit in the Despres thread but to be clear I don't have an issue with any of the Despres, Morrow, Harrington, Pouliot or Maatta picks individually. They are all fine prospects and besides Pouliot, I think they all got picked about where they should have of not later (I though Despres was a mid first rounder and Maatta should have gone just outside the top 10). So for the most part they look like good value, BPA picks and it's nice to see that some of these dudes are developing as expected.

The Kuznetsov fantasy never made sense for the Pens and if you ask me. Even at the time it was known how good of a prospect he was but the same questions that existed then are still there...will he ever play in North America? To me, that's the equivalent of a guy like Bennett. The risks are pretty similar but with BB you at least know you have some control over his development.