View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Dangles78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
I wrote him off due to playing such limited number of games during the prime development years of his career vs his competition. BB is already 20yo.

If you don't think Kuznetzov will eventually be an NHL allstar (or similar caliber) after scoring .8 ppg as a 20yo in the KHL, then I don't know what to tell you. He has already played 128 KHL games vs BB's 4 AHL games to date.

Just compare his KHL production to known NHL players. Would anyone think that BB could score at a higher rate than Malkin in any league? Kunetzov is currently.
http://awinninghabit.com/2012/10/22/khl-advanced-stats/

TK (at age 20) was already in his 2nd AHL season and averaged almost 1ppg there. BB will be lucky to even reach TK's level. You must wrap your head around how far behind he is in games played at his age vs other players. He won't catch up until after his prime (if he ever does).

The hindsight argument is a great one that you guys use. It's not like anyone evaluated the BB pick at that time and didn't have a big ?WTF? in their head. (I know I sure did). When we constantly question the draft selections and the results are generally disappointment, then doesn't that mean that the amateur consensus is more accurate than the "professional's"?

I suspect the Radulov incident has caused RS to completely ignore most European talent at the draft.
I just don't see the argument. BB still played over 50% of possible college games after suffering 2 freak injuries. Sure it may have stunted his development slightly, but to completely derail it. Probably not. Like you said, he's 20 years old. Not sure why people think that's old especially in terms of hockey. Tangradi is still developing and yet people label him a bust because of this. Patience is something a lot of Pens fans don't have. You can throw all the KHL stats you want, but until Kuzy plays here, let alone comes over to NA, I don't care and comparing Kennedy's development to BB's is like comparing apples to oranges. You have to understand that BB won't be as successful in a league like Kuzy has because he's bounced around. BCHL to NCAA to AHL. Kuzy has been in his element for awhile now, no?