Thread: Speculation: Is Bartchi #1?
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

vCash: 500
Oilers fan coming in peace.

I've been very impressed with this guy from day one. I've seen a few of his games live (I live in Calgary) and he was always one of the best on the ice. I remember thinking to myself last pre-season that Calgary has got "THEIR Eberle". I think within his first few years he'll be getting 30+ goals and 80-ish points. There simply won't be any way to keep him off of the top line.

Luckily, like Eberle, he wasn't rushed to the NHL and allowed to get stronger and more dominant at lower levels before making the jump. This lockout will help his development because he gets to make the jump to the pro game in the AHL. Perfect timing. Because he'll be in the NHL as soon as we're back. The only bad part about that, is that this year's rookie crop is quite deep. And if the lockout lasts the season, there will be even more to contend for the Calder. He'll be up there at the top, IMO. I'm not sure the Calder trophy voting is any more legit than the academy awards though. So he's probably a long shot for that. But as his career plays out, I'd bet he's going to be better than most of his peers. If you re-drafted the 2011 class, he'd be top 5 for sure.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote