View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 03:02 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
No I don't think they are overpaid. I used to agree with that statement, but having pursued a professional career myself, they deserve every penny they get. It's a billion dollar industry because of them. Owners have no problem investing millions into their players for their return. In addition, the lifespan of their career is relatively short in comparison to a normal career. Along the way they have made a ton of sacrifices to get to where they are. They are the elite of their craft. They should get what they are worth.

NBA, IMO is the toughest league to get in. Only 400 guys in the league. "Entry level" contracts only have a 2 year guarantee for first rounders only. It's a hard league to get into and harder to stay in it.

As far as the NFL, the market determines their worth now and in the near future. Average length of career has nothing to do with it unfortunately for them. They have the biggest screw job contracts by far, but let's not get into that.
deserve is kind of a strong word. I get what you are saying tho and I do agree to a point. Dont know how you put a number on what they are worth.
Of course with the money they make too many pro athletes have no clue how to manage money.