10-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
UNB back to #1 in latest CIS Top 10

MENíS HOCKEY
(regular season record) / votes (first-place votes) / (previous rankings)

1. UNB (3-1-0) / 160 points (12) / (2)
2. Saskatchewan (5-1-0) / 154 (4) / (4)
3. UQTR (4-1-0) / 128 (1) / (3)
4. Alberta (3-3-0) / 94 / (1)
5. StFX (3-1-0) / 84 / (7)
6. Moncton (2-1-1) / 72 / (5)
7. Acadia (3-1-0) / 66 (1) / (NR)
8. Lakehead (4-1-1) / 50 / (10)
9. Calgary (4-2-0) / 45 / (8)
10. UBC (4-1-1) / 15 / (NR)
Also receiving votes: Toronto (14), Western (13), Manitoba (12), Ottawa (9), Waterloo (7), Windsor (7), Carleton (4), Regina (1).

My two cents: Alberta fell 3 spots and Sask is up 2 for those two Huskies wins on the weekend. Acadia is finally getting deserved Top 10 love. UBC sneaks onto list for their record, but I'd like to see them beat one of Alberta, Sask or Manitoba before taking them serious. Seeing all of Sask's points, everyone must have had them at second who didn't have them at first.
IMO the voters have not accounted for the CW schedule. In a quirk, Calgary, UBC, Lethbridge, and Regina played a round-robin, whilst Manitoba, Sask, Alberta, and Mount Royal did likewise. I don't think they gave full credit for wins over Mount Royal. They were better than Lethbridge and Regina in pre-season, and also split with Calgary. Lethbridge and Regina appear to be, by far, the weakest teams, neither winning a pre-season game against anybody other than ACAC teams. The big issue is whether Regina's two wins over UBC and Calgary were a sign of their strength or their opponents' weakness. Also, against NCAA teams, Lethbridge and Regina were embarrassed. UBC had a win, a loss, and a tie (even though they were generally outshot). Manitoba was basically even in shots over two games, losing 5-3 and drawing 3-3. So while Regina is 4-2, I am not convinced that they have played as well as 1-5 MRU.

I guess the point of the foregoing is that UBC and Calgary split with each other, swept Lethbridge, and split with Regina. So the OHT35 has them at 11 and 12.

I guess that the OHT35 award for most under-rated would go to Ottawa.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote