Thread: Prospect Info: Leafs Morgan Rielly discussion.
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Rinzler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeLEAFInRielly View Post
There is no doubting Rielly's offensive abilities. He can single-handedly control the game from the back end, but his defensive game needs a little work before he's a regular with the big club. This is why playing with the Marlies would benefit. But what do I know, if the decision is made for Rielly to join the Leafs from the Warriors I would support it as he's is physically and mental mature enough to play at a high level
He's actually not that bad defensively either. He's merely average, which he more than makes up for with speed. Average defenders as fast as him can cover up a lot of their mistakes ala Gardiner.

Rielly is just ahead of everyone else. We've drafted high skill guys before (Kadri) or physically ready players (Biggs) but it's rare to get an athlete at 18 years old whom also possesses elite levels of skill, especially at #5. That injury really helped us.

I've made this point before when people are worried that we're going to rush Rielly. He's not going to be rushed, he just might be ready already.