View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Well by being insufficient right now I think he is saying the arena is not up-to-date in terms of broadcast facilities, Corporate suites, club seats and possibly a few other things as well like NHL locker rooms.

I'm curious as to who will pay the $150 million or so it would take to update the facility. That always seems to be glossed over. I' have my doubts about the city council there considering they nearly bungled the Pan Am stadium and ended up with a rather mediocre facility (based on the rendering) at that.
... yes, I understood what danissh was saying. What drives me insane is when people say that, they generally mean (as in the case of the NHL) that Copps "will never be good enough". The intimation & inference is quite clear. Runaway freight train. Well, Im not havin any of it.

Now, as for who pays the $150M-$200M in upgrades & renovations, really rather simple & straightforward requiring a minimum amount of money & interference from the City & or Province. First, you sell the naming rights to the building for 10yrs; the "Ice Surface" (see Yormark in Florida) Sponsorship; "Team & Game Presentation" Sponsorships. Then you sell "Seat Licences" to everyone who wants to buy Seasons Tickets (see ACC in Toronto). Get the Province & City to contribute $20M each out of their "Enterprise (infrastructure & business development) Fund" budgets to make them feel good about themselves & buy some votes.

Good to go. Or is it more prudent to drop $400M++ in Markham in a major P3?
No matter how you cut this thing, slice & dice it, Hamilton is a superior choice.

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote