View Single Post
Old
05-14-2006, 09:31 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD
And that's what i usually do, but my comment had to come out. As for Grabovsky's potential in the NHL, let's he probably doesn't have Corey Locke's talent, but he has his size. So he may become a strictly offensive/less talented than Ribeiro 2nd line player, on a weak team....

Of course he could develop really well and become as good as Afinogenov, but there are 5 propects of this kind on each nhl team. A few of them will make it to the nhl, but most won't. In Montreal, both Kostitsyn, Juraj Mikus, Corey Locke, Mathieu Aubin and even Alex Perezhogin (who's the most talented out of them) would fit in this category...

Grabovsky should have the same kind of season next year that Kostitsyn/Locke had this year in the AHL, which isn't bad, but still not good enough to have his ticket for the nhl in two years.

He may not have Locke's talent and while their height is likely around the same, the difference is Grabovsky has lower body strength and Locke doesn't. Also Grabovsky is a great skater with great speed, both things Locke does not have. What Locke does is something like Ribeiro, they can slow the play down to their speed and with their impressive vision/passing skills they can find the open man. Grabovsky uses his speed to create offense, willing to carry the puck at high speeds into heavy traffic areas.

I would assume that Grabovsky would play in Hamilton next year, but it's really hard to say what kind of impact he'll have since he's not played on the smaller ice surface. I have seen him in the RSL and WC's and he's been really impressive at times, the next step is getting him over here and see how he does. I don't think it's overrating or underrating him. He's clearly got talent, lets see what he does with it.