View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Pick a star player: Heatley (1,2,3), Hossa (1,2), Nash, Pronger(1,2), Thornton, the original Lu to Van deal...2-4 pieces, not "star players" per se (I think Burns in the Heatley 2 or Hossa v. Heatley aren't super likely), but usually a couple of roster players that were ready to make an impact on the team recieving them, and a prospect or two that were in a position of need.

This is why I don't think Toronto is a great fit for a trading partner:

They need a top flight center, and only have one top forward that we'd want 1 for 1 (Kessel isn't being moved). (Edited so as not to sound like I'm ripping on the Leafs...top did originally read "stand out" which isn't true)

Their top defender doesn't fit our cap structure, and the others are either valued on future development or won't fit Vancouver's system very easily.

Toronto may or may not be rebuilding, and trading futures (the one area that I think they beat the Canucks team in) would be counter productive.

The pieces we are proposing aren't a great fit, and would only be small improvements to what our roster can muster now. I think both teams should look elsewhere.