Thread: Speculation: Is Bartchi #1?
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 08:31 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
See I'm not sure the Calder would be a long shot for him. Aside from the first line nothing is really set in stone for the Calgary lineup. You're right this year will have a lot of great rookies but I think Bartschi will be given a lot of opportunity to shine.

Tarasenko will be competing to fight for a very loaded top 6 and the Blues could very well run 4 offensive lines. As talented as he is I could see Sven being given more time and opportunity. I can also see Huberdeau given the 2nd line center spot and Yakupov will probably also land 2nd line duty.
To be fair, Bartschi has to fight against Tangs and Glencross for ice time on the left wing, while fighting with Hudler and Iginla for ice time on the right. But I have my hunch that he'll develop really well in the NHL because he'll be given an opportunity to get sheltered offensive and powerplay minutes while allowing the experienced top 6 wingers handle the tougher top 6 opponents. Plus he'll have Backlund on his centre, thereby allowing him to think offense.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote