View Single Post
Old
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Umm, I think I have photos of the Stars posing with the Stanley Cup where green was most definitely the primary colour in the uniforms the night they won. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

For those of us who are fans dating back to the Minnesota days, it was certainly a primary color and part of the team's heritage then as well.

That's good. Seems there were more promos since he came that were green and he seems fan-friendly. On the flip side, he hired Lites and Lites almost personally designed the mess the Stars have now and was very flippant to fans who didn't like the look.

The Stars have their own identity and they've won their own championship. There's no need to try to look like someone else.

So why don't the Stars just wear pink or pastel shades then? I see a lot of green in women's fashions these days, so this doesn't correlate to me. Moreover, the Minnesota Wild are one of the best selling merchandise lines in hockey and, primarily, their women's sales are of green items.

Yes, the logo must appear on the front of the sweaters.
Good post. Hit every nail on the head.

And whatever is going to be ready for the 2013 season had to be submitted and approved by Sept 12 of this year. So whatever we're changing to, is already done.

They went over many different symbols and some different color schemes - Dallas Cowboy colors; red/green/silver; red/blue/silver/; green/gold/black; green/gold/black/silver. Some maybe just for fun I'm not sure, but they were mulled over. In the end, I believe one of the green/black/gold options were chosen - no clue on symbol. Lites said the jerseys need to stand out more as well as draw from the team's history so I expect a lot more green. So I believe the only real addition/change could be silver. As for the symbol, no clue. Hoping it's our good ol ST/\RS symbol smack dab center of the chest though.

Last edited by tjcurrie: 10-23-2012 at 11:23 PM.