View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 12:23 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Or, you know, some people remember how we used to have a contending roster and some very valuable pieces...

Karlsson very well should become one of the most impactful players for our organization. However, we can't judge him based on the future and one dominant season is simply too small a sample size to negate the impact of other star players playing a decade of hockey here.
Contending roster with some very valuable pieces? So? How does that add to their individual impacts on our roster if there were stronger players then that of last year? If Karlsson was on the Senators backend then and played like he did last year, he would have cracked 90 points or higher, especially due to increased scoring.

Only person I can see challenging Karlsson is Heatley who I'd actually put at par but remember his negative approach to this team is also an impact. Heatley is first ever Senator to touch 50 goals and he did it twice. Also, someone earlier said he leads Sens in points, that's incorrect, he is tied with Alfredsson for that title. Keep in mind, Alfie did it in fewer games.

I understand the consideration of number of years being applied but Karlsson is the most accomplished Senator in terms of hardware, that alone should count for something in the sense of huge advantage.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote