View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
Refunds are supposed to be sent monthly (in early Nov for Oct games).

Choosing was a crapshoot. The difference in interest is minimal, especially if the season gets cancelled (they stop paying interest at that point). Choosing option 1 was for the optimists that expected little to no time missed (guarantee of ticket price freeze with damage from lockout minimal), and option 2 was for those who believed that a long lockout is coming and there is "no way" they raise ticket prices).

Most people seemed to think something would get done on the "How could they possibly let this happen again. No way they miss another season after last time."

Those who thought "Greed always finds a way to rule the day in sports" tended to choose to get their money back.
I chose option 1 because I knew I was renewing next season, regardless of what happens with this year. If there's the chance (however small it would be) that I can protect myself against an increase next year, I'd be foolish not to choose that. Has nothing to do with being optimistic. I haven't had much optimism at all in these negotiations, and it didn't factor in to my decision.