Old
10-24-2012, 08:25 AM
RussianGuyovich
Hella Ennui

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RussianGuyovich
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
As for why players are being greedy compared to owners. Players have zero expenses, zero risk financially. The owners pay for all of that and lose money. Players don't lose money, they just don't get as much as get could have had the product made more. Players have health risks but they have fully paid for health care from the best doctors in the world. So yes owners should make more and players should make less just based on that. Frankly I think 50/50 is incredibly good for the players.
So you want the players to fold because they're going to lose anyway? I mean, I don't suppose you'll find anyone to disagree with you there, but this is a broad spectrum. The players will come out with less, yes, but the idea is that them not signing the worst of the offers, eventually they'll get a much more palatable offer.

I don't think the players can "win" either, but I do think that they can get the best deal possible.

It just comes off as selfish of you to ask that the players just go ahead and accept it already so that there will be hockey.

RussianGuyovich is offline   Reply With Quote