View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
From that link, this is far more interesting:

Quote:
“Everybody knows,” said Jagr, “that the first month (of the season) is nothing like a rose garden for the NHL. Only a few make some money, they face huge competition in American football and baseball. The baseball competition is getting into its playoffs, so, one competitor is gone, and the interest will switch to something else. And that something else is hockey. Simply, the first two months (of the season) aren’t as interesting for the owners as the rest. It doesn’t bother anybody that they’re going to lose the first month and a half.”
Lou Nanne on KFAN mentioned that the league could want to contract teams if this drags out, which is something I've never heard. That would be interesting. But I think it'd be more likely to relocate teams to profitable locations like Ontario and Quebec.

I would not mind seeing hockey start Nov 1st if they dropped the ASG and added maybe an extra game per month if that could work out. Do that along with a one-game playoff for the 8th spot and a best of five in the first round.