View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 10:09 AM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Why would you not want ice time to be based on performance? One of my biggest issues with the Stars has always been the sense of entitlement the veterans have had in the past. Why would you ever want to build that into the prospects as well?
I want ice time to be based on performance... in actual hockey games that count.
Quote:
Chiasson and R. Smith aren't playing prime minutes because they are 2nd and 3rd round picks. You can clearly see they are performing at a high level right now. They've earned their roles.
Chiasson is not playing at a high level. And if draft position had nothing to do with who was on the roster and it was all about merit in training camp then Glennie should be in Idaho by now, should he not?
Quote:
Regarding Vause, he's played well for Texas in limited showings. He's 21 years old, and Texas has had a knack for identifying talent that in some cases eventually benefits the Dallas Stars. I don't agree you can just paint every undrafted free agent with the same brush that they are scrubs just because Dallas didn't draft and/or sign them.
I didn't... I pretty clearly singled Vause out as not being a scrub.
Quote:
No one is complaining about Hedden right now getting ice time (at least not that I've seen) because he's another guy that Scott White found who has been an above average player for the Texas Stars.
I'm complaining about Hedden.
Quote:
I really am happy to see him go to the ECHL, and I was honestly surprised you think it's not that good of a league for him. He just won't ever be more than a third liner in Texas during the lockout.
I don't see what's wrong with 3rd line AHL minutes.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote