Thread: Confirmed with Link: The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?
View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Delicious Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I don't hate Omark, I've grown very tired of the martyr/legend that this Marginal player is being turned into by those that believe beyond any kind of logic.

I don't actually, I just want the real facts, is he doing it on his own or riding coat tails, that's not insignificant.

You're absolutely right he seems to be contributing to the team, he's putting up numbers, but to throw the numbers out without any manner of context to why they are being earned or to what the represent, hurts the argument for the player, it doesn't help.
He was producing before Zetterberg got there, and now he's proving to be at least a capable complementary player in that league. If an NHL team needs to round out their top-6 or wants some insurance for their top-6 maybe they consider Omark. If he's not producing that doesn't happen. It helps that he's showing chemistry with a bonafide NHLer too. If this boosts his value and the Oilers get something decent for him, that's all I care about.

I do agree though that it helps if he's creating on his own. Having a guy that isn't that noticeable but still gets his points still has value though.

Delicious Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote