View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Where have I seen this before, oh yes that's right, the 2003 Canadian WJC team where Carlo Colaiacovo, Ian White, and Brendan Bell comprised 1/2 the Canadian Team defense with Kyle Wellwood and Matt Stajan up front.

Colaiacovo lead the team in scoring 6 games 1-9-10 points (tied for 1st in tournament scoring overall) and Ian White was 3rd with 6 games 2-4-6 points for the Canadian team.

It was a time when Leafs prospect pool was said to be strong, and the future bright.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?fid=7686

Are Rielly, Finn and Percy the new Colaiacovo, White and Bell or our new era?
Who were our Gardiner and Phaneuf's back then? We didn't have them, all our NHL-level d-men were old and starting to decline.

Morgan Rielly is already a way different level of prospect than Coliacovo, White, and Bell ever were. I would call Rielly a blue-chip prospect whereas those guys were players who had a decent chance of making the NHL, but were never really expected to become star players.

Prospects like Finn, Percy, and Blacker I would call comparable to White, Bell & Coliacovo, and if they turn out to be "the new Coliacovo, White, and Bell of our new era" I for one would be fairly pleased. Two of those guys are more than capable of being quality # 4 - 6 guys, and IMO Rielly, Gardiner and Phaneuf have already got the # 1 - 3 spots locked up for a while.

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote