View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
I'd like to take a flyer on Tikhonov. He has decent size, instincts, and isn't bad in his own end. Obvious chemistry with Kovalchuk is a plus. Can play wing too.
I would like to see if we can get him too. Anybody who wants to play with Kovy, and can play with him is a good thing. What would we have to trade though? Obviously a D man, maybe D prospect too? Have to send a forward of some kind, and maybe a draft pick too.

If you wanna worry about how long Kovy stays reliable for though, then the minutes have to be decreased. He can not be playing 26 minutes a game, and for the duration of every PK, and PP. He's playing 26 minutes a night, because we have passengers on this team who are either not in good enough shape to take more than 4 minutes worth of shifts a game. Or because they are not competent enough to take more than 4 minute shifts, and really not even competent enough to take less than that.

For anybody who didn't want Marty playing 78 games a year because he crumbled in the playoffs, it's the same with Kovy getting all those minutes. We won't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the extra wear, and tear contributed to what happened to him during the playoffs.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote